Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and pureed
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit (optional)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to simmer, and stir in cranberries, orange, apple, pear, dried fruit, pecans, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst.
Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. Serve with turkey.
Cook’s note: Recipe can be doubled to serve 24.